Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Newest Tangle: 8's



I found a pattern similar to this one day when I was surfing the web. It appeared to have some other shape than a circle in the dark spots, and it took me a while to get it deconstructed. A long while. Eventually,  I found it much, much easier to make this similar design using dots instead.  Then I had to figure out if it was really different than Mi2 by Mimi Lempart, a fellow CZT. After looking closely and about ruining my eyesight in the process, I realized that Mi2 has 4 black ovalish spots that are the "bones" of her tangle, and this one has 8 round spots, thus the name, 8's. I started the stepouts all by hand, but I will admit that after I drew step 3, I made copies of it on my printer, so my stepouts would be conisistent, but for the tile at the bottom, I went back to doing it freehand. I want to try out a lot more things with it like making tangleations, both by altering the space between dots and adding more details to it as it is in. Right now, my eyes need some rest, and I am anxious to share it. Enjoy!
Update 5.5.13
Today I woke up determined to get some tangleations done for this 8's tangle and not let me get sidetracked on anything else. These are the results.  For anyone reading this for the first time, there are now 3 more tangles: 8's Parte Dos and 8's Parte Tres and 8's Parte Quatro.

UPDATE 11.25.15 : IF you would like to join a facebook group where we share our love of tangling in journals, here is a link:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/761892257271670/
A couple of weeks ago, I started a new tangling group on facebook and everyone is welcome to come take a peek and see what is going on. As of today, almost 500 people are there looking at the art of the members, leaving comments, and posting their art. There are weekly ideas for participation, but they are optional,.
Starting Dec. 1 and running all the way through Dec. 25, 2015, there will be one or more tangle artists with one or more of their tangles every single day, ones that have never appeared on tanglepatterns.com. They will be providing the stepouts for these tangles, so if you are a tangler, you won't want to miss this.
Besides all that fun, members post their work when they like, whatever tangling they have in their journals, so that is always fun, too.


9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh Jane Eileen! I love this tangle pattern! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I know that I'll be playing with it all weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tangle is the most fun of any tangle ever! You're a genius! Beau coup thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tangle is the most fun of any tangle ever! You're a genius! Beau coup thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being added to the TanglePatterns.com site. Very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to play with this! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing this fascinating tangle! Can't wait to play!!!

    ReplyDelete